Monday, December 21, 2009

PAY YOUR BILL

My friend received his Mastercard bill when I was visiting. He quickly shoved it in his pocket. When I asked why he had done so, he replied "I don't want to see it." To which I responded "Sooner or later you will have to look at it---so you can pay it." But he decided he was going to shove it away and pretend it didn't exist. Now you and I know that the longer he put off addressing his bills the worse the situation could become.

A lot of people do the same thing with their weight. The hide underneath baggy clothes or sweats and avoid mirrors. Just like a bill it doesn't magically go away. Not only does it not go away but it can (and usually does) get worse. When you decide to take a good look and become responsible--you can change the situation.

Like paying a bill, you can take steps to rectify the situation. And depending on the amount of the bill, you can determine the payments you will make. It doesn't matter if you make small or large payments. Just that you are working your way to being free of debt. It doesn't matter what you do --- just that you are working your way to being healthier and healthier every day.

No comments: