Adding small activities level can assist in your health. By gradually adding more physical activity into your daily routine, you can work toward a goal of at least 30 minutes a day of physical activity.
1. Instead of sitting and talking, go for a walk with family and/or friends.
2. Walk around the soccer, baseball fields instead of sitting on the sidelines as your children practice.
3. Walk or bike to do errands.
4. Practice good posture when you're forced to wait in line. Stand firmly on both feet and try to raise the top of your head to touch an imaginary hand held a quarter-inch above you. Let your spine extend, stomach lift, shoulders relax and arms fall to your sides.
5. Carry your own groceries. And park in the farthest parking stall and walk.
6. Take the stairs.
7. Walk during your work breaks
8. Walk while you're talking on the phone.
9. Take your dog for a walk. If you don't have a dog, borrow your neighbor's dog!
10.Take the stairs at the mall instead of riding the escalators or elevators.
Your body was designed to move. Begin to apply these ten things and incorporate your own ways of adding more physical movement to your life.