Monday, October 29, 2012

TRICK NOT TREAT


First time clients always try to earn my sympathy with tales of how the refuse to "deprave" themselves. They are referring to no longer eating sweets,chips etc. I always ask them to consider what they really have been depraving themselves of? The active lifestyle and comfort in wearing certain clothes. Isn't not being able to wear what you want to wear or do what you want to do the real deprivation?
And yes, I've heard the same cry "You have to live." Which makes me wonder why anyone would assume that my passing on a slice of pizza has made my life less than. And if eating a piece of cake is what you may consider the greatest thing in your life, perhaps you need to exam your life. I think improving the quality of my life is the best way to treat myself.

No comments: