Monday, April 26, 2010

TAKE IT LIGHTLY

One of my client's co-workers baked cookies for her peers. When it got down to the last three, the office worker offered my client one of the last cookies. My client replied "You know I don't eat them." At that moment the woman insisted "Eat it. You know you want it. Just have one."

Certainly we understand that the office worker was not being malicious. The real disappointment is that when the same client had stopped smoking no one insisted she "just have one cigarette." We wouldn't think about standing there making statements like "You know you want it" with a lit cigarette.

It is not my responsibility to dictate whether someone should have a cookie or cigarette. I am just confused as to our peers cannot honor our choices. But mainly I am amused that people take others healthy food choices so lightly.

No comments: